Friday, October 21, 2016 @8:00PM
Crane Arts: Icebox Project Space
1400 North American Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Vidiksis and the rest of the Impermanent Society of Philadelphia present Pfff! 2016, the Philadelphia Free Form Festival, a weeklong celebration of freely improvised sound and movement performance and practice.
The multi-dimensional festival includes a wide range of programming:
• Three nights of fully improvised collaborative situations @ Icebox Project Space
• Workshop: Tuning Scores with Karen Nelson, 10/17-10/20 @ Mascher Space Coop
• Youth education with Girls Rock Philly and Moffet Elementary
• Panel Discussion: 10/21 @ Temple University
• Weekend workshops & practices
• Dinner (and lunch) are served! Festival catering by Carrot Pig
• More details available on the Facebook event page
Pfff! 2016 Performances:
Friday, October 21, Dinner 6pm, Performance 8pm
Saturday, October 22, Dinner 6pm, Performance 8pm
Sunday, October 23, Dinner 5pm, Performance 7pm
Icebox Project Space 1400 North American Street, Philadelphia PA 19122
Admission $10-$15 sliding scale, cash at the door. Dinner $5
Advanced Improvisation Workshop: Tuning Scores with Karen Nelson
Tuning Scores are an intruiging way to investigate fundamental elements of performance and communication to compose live art, together. Admission and Registration information coming soon.
Monday, October 17 – Thursday, October 20, 6pm – 9pm
Mascher Space Coop, 155 Cecil B. Moore Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19122
Pfff! Panel Discussion: What is freedom in performance?
Artist of Pfff! 2016 and Impermanent Society of Philadelphia will discuss this question salient to the art of Improvisation with Asimina Chremos, moderator. Hosted by BEEP, Adam Vidiksis Director. Free and open to the public.
Friday, October 21, 1pm – 3pm
Temple University, Tuttleman Learning Center, Room 107, Philadelphia, PA 19122.
Our festival plans are coming together, the final performer schedule and and workshop details are coming soon. Please sign the Mailing List to stay tuned for the latest updates.
Groupings and performance schedule to be announced soon!
• Alexander D’Agostino (Baltimore) Dance
• Benjamin Bennett (Philadelphia) Percussion
• Connor Przybyszewski (Philadelphia) Trombone
• Jumatatu Poe (Philadelphia) Trombone
• Jung Woong Kim (Philadelphia) Dance
• Karen Nelson (Seattle) Dance
• Neil Feather (Baltimore) Inventions
• Shodekeh (Baltimore) Voice
• Cilla Vee – Claire Elizabeth Barratt (Asheville, NC) Performance
• Sean Thomas Boyt (Philadelphia) Movement
• Bbob Drake (Ohio) Electronics
• Kaia Gilje (New York City) Performance
• CJ Holm (NYC) Movement
• Jungeun Kim (Philadelphia) Movement
• Eliot Klein (Philadelphia) Multiple instruments
• Elise Knudson (New York City) Movement
• Janna Meiring (Philadelphia) Movement
• Al Margolis (Chester, NY) Violin/ Clarinet
• Robin Meeker-Cummings (Philadelphia) Electronics
• Liz Meredith (Baltimore) Violin
• Peter Redgrave (Baltimore) Movement
• Margaret Rorison (Film) Baltimore
• Julia Santoli (New York City) Performance
• Noemi Segarra (Puerto Rico) Movement
• Jesse Sparhawk (Philadelphia) Harp
• Luke Stewart (Washington DC) Bass
• Andy Thierauf (Philadelphia) Percussion
• Mauri Walton (Philadelphia) Movement
For more information, please click here.
Date(s) - 10/21/2016
Crane Arts Icebox Project Space